Go to twitter. Search for #brexitday or #article50. Watch all the crybabies flail about and lashing out. Pay special attention to the rhetoric from the hordes of now disgruntled remain-supporters that didn’t actually vote (and who think their voice actually counts when they don’t). Somehow the word ‘majority rules’ only holds sway when it’s in their favor.
Suck it up, Buttercup. Britain is getting out and no amount of cry-bullying and virtue signalling is going to revert or block it. I hope the rest of Europe follows the UK’s example. Unless if the EU suddenly disbands the European Commission and abolishes all lobbying, but monkeys will fly out of my butt before that will happen.
That’s what I’ve seen it called. And it’s quite apt. And true too. May signed the Brexit letter and now the negotiations start with two possible outcomes: Either the UK finishes negotiations with the EU, or they crash out of it. Either way, the UK will be out of the EU. It can’t be blocked, or reverted (no matter how much the remoaners cry about it).
Now, I’ve seen the news reports, and the mainstream media is quite busy scaremongering about it, especially towards expatriates that live and work in the UK. Oh dear, they would have to get visas and work permits. What a bother. Ask any American, Indian, or any non-european that works in the UK (there are quite a few of them) how much of a chore that is (hint: it isn’t). If you have work, you won’t get kicked out. If you’re married/widowed to a UK citizen, you’ll be okay too.
People fear for export and trade to completely stop as well. It won’t. Even if the UK crashes out of negotiations, they will still be better off. Basically, the UK will become a second Iceland. Yes, the economy will take a beating the first few years, but it will come out on top. The UK is still an island, and island mentality will persevere. It will be fine.
So, old blighty is going to get it’s stranglehold removed. I hope many follow. The European economic community was a nice idea, but it summersaulted over the shark when they started to fuse economies and government and turned into a undemocratic behemoth.
Just to clarify, I’ll explain what my policial and social viewpoints are. I often disagree with liberal leftists, who then promptly assume I’m on the right-hand side of the political spectrum, while I’m actually pretty far removed from that, other than that I agree with a few things that the conservatives like to put forward. Just because I think modern day feminism and social justice is dangerous and harmful, doesn’t mean I’m automatically part of the alt-right. I find many of the alt-right viewpoints deplorable. But the so-called ‘liberal left’ likes to lump people into boxes, I guess.
- As stated before, I think social marxism and current day intersectional feminism are pointless and harmful to society.
- Black lives matter is a terrorist organisation.
- The glass ceiling and wage gap are debunked:
- Diversity is nice, but shouldn’t overrule merit. Same goes for gender equality in the workspace. Just have competent people in the right positions. I couldn’t care less which end the scale tips.
- Reverse racism doesn’t exist. Racism is still racism, no matter how you spin it.
- Treating white heterosexual men any way differently than anyone else is just as racist and discriminatory as mistreating someone from a so-called minority group
- There are 2 genders. Non-binary is bullshit. Period. Yes, people transition from one to the other, and I have no problems with that, but such cases are uncommon. People that firmly believe they are one of the 40+ tumblr genders need to seek professional help.
- Raising your pre-teen/pre-pubescent kid to be ‘trans’ or ‘non-binary’ is tantamount to child abuse.
- Government should be small
- Government should stop patronizing it’s citizenry.
- Political Correctness is social cancer
- Everyone has a right to offend and to be offended.
- Unbridled free speech, no matter how controversial.
- The European Union is undemocratic, and should either be completely reformed or done away with. Given the glacial pace the EU moves, I prefer the latter.
- The Euro is a failed currency.
- Mass immigation is a bad idea. Open borders too.
- Politics should be transparant. I’m paying tax, and I would like to see what happens to my hard earned money.
- I do care about the environment. Wind and solar are pollution. Nuclear power is the future.
- (strict!) Seperation of church and state. No parties with religion at it’s core. Religious people are welcome to join secular parties.
- I really don’t give a toss who you sleep with and what sex that other person has. Neither do I care what sex the person is that you marry. And if you are a good pair of parents, you should be able to adopt.
- Abortion should never be made illegal, although I would prefer that people just don’t have kids. Anti-conception, folks. Still cheaper than raising a kid. But a rape victim might not have a choice in that matter.
- On that note, cat-calling is not rape. Forced involuntary coitus is. Yes, this is a simplification.
- Veganism is unhealthy for most people. That’s just my personal opinion. Otherwise, I really don’t give a shit about your dietary preferences.
- I don’t care what you believe, or what color your skin is.
- Most beliefs are stupid. Including my own.
- Belief and religion are not the same things. A belief is your own. A religion is someone telling you what and/or how to believe. I have serious reservations about the latter.
That’s quite a list, and some things are kryptonite to some people. Funnily enough I generally sit more in the classic libertarian end of the spectrum. Don’t believe me? Here’s a snap of my political compass:
As I have said in other posts, I’ve been leaning more and more towards the center, but I am way too libertarian to be classed completely right-wing.
I hope that clears things up a bit.