Sargon of Akkad mentioned that we needed a manifesto. Here’s a first rough stab at that.
The Shitlord Manifesto (first draft)
By Emiel Kollof
- I don’t care about your race, sexuality or gender. All people should have equal opportunity, but equality must never be forced. Let the people that are the best at it do the work.
- Free speech must be free, no matter how egregious it is to anyone. Violent speech should only be prosecuted if actual violence came of it. Let the idiots expose themselves. Hate speech does not exist.
- Violence without a need is always reprehensible. This includes politically motivated violence.
- The only weapon against speech you don’t agree with, is more speech.
- Don’t assign epithets to people when you don’t even know what the epithet means.
- Any action that disadvantages or maligns anyone because of race, sex or creed is racism, sexism or discrimination.
- You have the right to be offended. Others have the right to ignore you. But you don’t have the right to limit the freedom of anyone because you are offended.
- Religion is not a race. I will criticize your religion (regardless of what it is) if it has dangerous tenets.
- I will listen to your ideas and attempt to shoot holes in it. I expect the same in return.
- Facts over feelings.
- I’m not better than you. The inverse is also true.
- Communism and Socialism have never worked, and will never work. Trying again won’t make it work, so give it a rest already.
- Men and women are physically and emotionally different. This does not imply ability, but it plays a factor in preferences. Also, exceptions exist, but they are indeed exceptions, not the rule, and not in any way more or less appreciated.
- I will not rewrite history, furthermore I will protest the destruction of history even if it offends people. Because if you don’t see the past, you’re doomed to repeat it.
- Echo chambers are where reason goes to die.